About Me

My photo
South West
This is my blog and "My Time". Time for a few moments to myself: Time away from chores and Time to stop the whirring of family logistics that keep my brain permanently occupied. I am Mother of two, wife of one, with a dog to complete the set. I have a full time job and spend every free hour trying to ensure school bags are packed, birthdays remembered and bills paid. My life is chaotic, fun, demanding and fast. I, like most people, need more time.

Sunday 6 May 2012

A day of rest?

Sunday, a day of rest.  Nobody told me! 

My best mate and her family are moving overseas in August and she and her husband are today at a car boot sale.  So we had their three children with us this morning, from 8.30am - which was my idea and the children are all lovely, so it was quite easy.  Some days five children is less work than two, becuase they all disappear off together and play.  It was one of those days.

It's a house full - two adults, five children and a dog.  Before midday we had walked the dog, played pooh sticks in the stream, and the visited the sweet shop (for energy to get us home).  A bit of quiet time, with the telly on, the children quiet(ish) and Husband has lunch in hand.  That gave me a bit of "My Time" - amazing. Oh, and the sun is shining!

After lunch together, we went to their house for a "Ben 10" 5th birthday party, armed with "Ben 10" fairy cakes.  With Son not being a total party animal, particularly to start with, it was great having Husband there to share the clingy boy.  Not usually much sign of Daughter at parties, as she disappears almost immediately.  Now back home, children fast asleep, dog happy and I get a bit of "My Time", again - twice in one day - not bad!

So although not a day of rest, I wouldn't change a thing.


No comments:

Post a Comment